2-1-1 Texas quickly and efficiently links people with the health and human services they need 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for free.
2-1-1 Texas can provide information and referral for individuals seeking food, shelter and clothing, medical and mental health assistance, affordable childcare, information about caring for an aging relative, parenting resources, tax preparation assistance, help recovering from a disaster, or other needs.
2-1-1 Texas often answers questions like:
- Where can I find quality childcare at an affordable price?
- I don’t have healthcare coverage, where can I go to see a doctor?
- How will I care for my aging parent?
- Where can I go to escape an abusive relationship?
- Where can I volunteer during the holidays?
- Who can help me prepare my taxes for free?
Role in Disasters:
2-1-1 Texas is a part of the Texas Division of Emergency Management and works closely with city and county emergency managers to disseminate information. Calls are answered in times of disaster to deliver information on Point of Distribution sites, shelter information, donation designation sites, as well as evacuation information. Persons with special needs may also call 2-1-1 to register with the State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR) so that in times of disaster county officials will be alerted to their location for evacuation.