Visit UWBV.org to apply, your application is incomplete without an application and an emailed resume and cover letter. Applications are due by Friday, April 14, 2017.
Job Description Work Description
Serving under the supervision and guidance of the Outreach & Communications Coordinator, implement communications strategies through marketing efforts that will make the Brazos Valley community aware of the UWBV’s vision, mission, and message:
- Manage and generate online content to engage the community across web and social media platforms
- Manage the development and distribution of newsletters and electronic communications
- Assist in the management and coordination of Branding and Communications Committee planning, agenda preparation, volunteer satisfaction, meeting documentation and follow up
- Assist UWBV Staff and Volunteers in the planning of Community Events promoting United Way efforts
- Attend some Community Outreach events with Community Outreach Coordinator and/or VP Community Impact
- Ensure that United Way’s commitment to diversity is represented, as appropriate, in all communications and that all publications are provided in accessible formats
- Answer and route incoming calls for the United Way of the Brazos Valley
- Assist with Resource & Project Coordinator on projects as needed
- Develop a summary document of what they have learned and completed during their semester internship
Document and collect training criteria and materials for future Communications Interns to ensure effective transitions.